Movement Matters Workshops H2312
Movement Matters: Fundamental Movement Presentations and Physical Activities for Children
Movement Workshops for the Montessori Professional
Melani Alexander Fuchs offers full and half day Movement Matters workshops for Montessori schools as well as comprehensive programs for Teacher Training Centers.
Workshops by this master teacher provide the opportunity to
- Observe strategies and techniques for teaching movement using a Montessori approach
- Experience movement presentations using concrete materials
- Participate in many large group physical activities
- View videos showing the presentation of movement lessons to young children
The workshop movement lessons and physical activities are contained in the book Movement Matters: A Movement Album for Early Childhood Programs.
Participants in a Movement Matters workshop learn to:
- Understand the role of movement in enhancing learning.
- Understand why children need to improve their fundamental movement skills and physical fitness.
- Implement lesson plans to teach fundamental movement skills in the classroom.
- Integrate needed movement into a child’s independent work cycle.
- Create materials for a Movement Shelf enabling children to choose and practice fundamental movement skills independently.
- Lead large group physical activities that help children develop fundamental movement skills and support learning cognitive concepts.
- Modify movement lessons and physical activities for children of varying abilities.
For further information or to arrange a workshop, please email Melani Fuchs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-844-9010 and leave a message.